SUPER Q EPICOX RED OXIDE PRIMER(E-1008)
- EPICOX RED OXIDE PRIMER is a two pack polyamide cured epoxy coating which has excellent adhesion, impact,abrasion resistance and rust-preventive properties.
- High abrasion and mar resistance to splash , spillage and immersion in a wide range of chemicals.
- Highly durable coating that requires low maintenance characteristics
- Excellent mechanical film properties such as Film Hardness, Adhesion and Scratch resistance.
- Provides an excellent base for high quality finishes.
- Easy application. Can be applied by brush, roller and spray.
- As a general anti-corrosive primer of epoxy and polyurethane system for protection of steel in industrial and marine environments.
- Reddish Brown
- 30 kg
- 50 2 %
– Super Q Epicox Red Oxide Primer(E-1008) 2 coats
– Super Q Epicox white (E-2001) 2 coats
– Super Q Polyurethane Topcoat 2 coats
– 3.028 Ltrs Comp. A , 0.757 Ltrs Comp. B
– 15.140 Ltrs Comp. A, 3.785 Ltrs Comp. B
– 25±2 °C
- Store in a tightly sealed container in a cool and dry space.
- Up to 18 months in a tightly sealed container.
Conditions during Application
– Do not apply when the relative humidity exceeds 85% or when the surface to be coated is less than 3° above the dew point.
– Do not apply at temperature below 7°C .If not , drying and overcoating times will be considerably extended.
– During application of the paint, naked flame , welding operations and smoking should not be allowed and adequate ventilation should be provided.
The above information given is intended to give a description of the product performance under specific test conditions. Nevertheless, we cannot assume any responsibility for the use of it since circumstances under which the products are applied in practice are subjected to many variations. We serve the right to alter the given data without notice.
- Airless or Conventional Spray, Brush, Roller
- Super Q Thinner No.37
Mixing Ratio (By Volume)
- 4 parts Comp. A to be mixed thoroughly with 1 part Comp. B
- 0-10% by Volume (Dilution is to improve the workability)
- ½ hours prior to use
- 8 hours (reduced at higher temperature)
- 3-12.5 sq.m / Ltr (31.40-47.30 sq.m/U.S.Gallon)
Wet Film Thickness
- 80-120 microns
Dry Film Thickness
- 40-60 microns
- A large number of substrates
- For maximum performance this product should be applied to a surface that has been cleaned and suitably primed.
- This coating is usually applied over a suitable primer, undercoat or build-up coat. This underlying system should be sound and undamaged.
- The surface to be overcoated must be dry and free from surface contaminants.
- All wax, oil and grease should be removed by solvent for cleaning.
- Soluble salts, dirt and dust must be removed prior to applying the coating.
– Delivery Pressure 150 kg/cm²
– Nozzle Tip 0.015-0.021 ( 0.38-0.53 mm)
- Touch Dry (30 min)
- 6 hours in normal conditions
- All equipment should be cleaned immediately with Super Q Thinner after use.